Monday 29 July 2013

Eggspectation: Bravocado Egg Benedicts

Being a pun lover I was naturally drawn to this restaurant from its name: Eggspectation. This breakfast place on Yonge St. was not too crowded on a weekday morning but still fairly full.

It took me a long time to choose what to eat from the extensive menu. I was impressed by the entire page dedicated to many different types of egg benedicts. Since I already had egg benedicts at Over Easy, I opted for an omelette this time. 

Mix & Match Omelette: bacon, sausage, swiss or cheddar cheese
The omelette portion size was filling and I enjoyed the cheese wedged between the folded over meaty omelette. The cantaloupe slice was sweet and not pictured is a basket of 2 toast slices that came with the meal. Needless to say, I was filled to the brim!

Mix & Match Omelette
Bravocado: poached eggs served on half an avocado, lightly spiced tomato sauce, parm and cheddar cheese
My friend had this egg benedict that substituted the English muffin with avocado which I thought looked pretty cool. I didn't try it so I can't say how it tasted like but she seemed to like it.

Bravocado
Overall, the central location of Eggspectation combined with good food might make this a go-to breakfast place for me if I lived in Toronto.

Eggspectation Resto-Cafe-Bar on Urbanspoon

0 comments: