Monday 12 August 2013

New Asia Deli: Chicken Banh Mi

I've had bad service at New Asia Deli before and I've read many reviews online commenting on the bad service here but when I went today it wasn't bad at all. It was just normal, quick service that one would expect from an Asian restaurant. Plus the price is inexpensive so you can't expect too much.

Between the two of us we ordered the following food:

Chicken Banh Mi: This is only $3.95 and tasted good every time I ate here. There is pickled radish, carrot and cucumber with marinated shredded chicken in a crispy baguette. Yum.

Chicken Banh Mi
Beef Brisket Noodles: I usually order pho when I eat here but this time we tried a different noodle soup. The noodles are the same as pho ones and the beef brisket was quite tender. The soup is more flavourful than pho but left me thirsty after so there was probably MSG in it.

Beef Brisket Noodles
Red Bean Ice Drink: This drink is also $3.95 and pretty refreshing in the summer heat. I requested less ice for mine because I don't like the ice taking up all the space in the drink. It's not the best red bean ice I've had but pretty good. I prefer when they give a scoop of vanilla ice cream :)

Red Bean Ice Drink
Overall for the price and efficiency but spotty service I would come here sparingly when I crave the banh mi.

New Asia Deli Restaurant on Urbanspoon

0 comments: